“Quality is the result of a carefully constructed cultural environment. It has to be the fabric of the organization, not part of the fabric.” — William A. Foster
Garden City Hospital is a leading provider of quality health care, osteopathic medical education, and healthcare-related services in western Wayne County. While being respectful of patients’ families, personal values and beliefs, Garden City Hospital assist its patients to receive optimal physical and mental health by providing compassionate, high-quality care with dignity and respect to improve the well being of the whole person. Garden City Hospital is dedicated and passionate about our patients, their families and the community we serve. Quality of Care & Patient Safety
- Accreditation: HFAP, HFAP Primary Stroke Certification
- Participate in MHA Keystone Center (www.mhakeystonecenter.org) and local collaborative quality initiatives.
- Hospital Compare Link – Quality of Care: Hospital Quality Compare is a quality tool provided by Medicare that allows you to learn how well Garden City Hospital cares for patients with certain medical conditions or surgical procedures. You can compare the quality of care GCH provides along with other hospitals at Hospital Compare.
- Healthgrades 2020 Patient Safety Excellence Award™ – Top 5% in the nation for patient safety for 5 consecutive years
- American Heart Association Get with the Guidelines-Stroke Gold Plus 2020
- Knee and Hip Replacement BCBSM Blue Distinction Center+
- Maternity Care BCBSM Blue Distinction Center+
- IBM Watson Health™ 100 Top Hospitals® and Everest Award 2019
- Leapfrog “A” Grade for Patient Safety – Fall 2018
- 2014 Governor’s Award of Excellence – Outstanding Inpatient Clinical Achievement in the Acute Care Hospital Setting
Creating a Culture of Safety Online Resources Garden City Hospital is committed to the safety of our patients, families, employees, and volunteers. We promote a culture of safety that encourages and supports free and open communication and non-punitive reporting of any situation or circumstances that threaten or potentially threatens the safety of our patients or caregivers. The following systems help Garden City Hospital maintain the highest level of safety in reporting errors, events, and near misses. GCH completes an annual culture of safety survey and leadership rounds.
Click below to see our 2020 proficiency scorecards
2020 API Hematology Survey 2020 API Microbiology Survey 2020 API Chemistry Core Survey 2020 CAP Scorecard Survey