Cardiac Treatments and Procedures – Once you have your diagnosis, your cardiologist will determine what treatment is right for you. Our medical team of board-certified heart doctors can perform life-saving procedures including:
- Cardiac catheterization: Doctors use this to diagnose and treat cardiovascular disease. This procedure involves inserting a tube or catheter into an artery and guiding it to your heart. Then, your doctor injects a dye to highlight the area and reveal the structure of the cardiac system. The test allows doctors to study the heart chambers and pinpoint blockages in arteries and veins, making it safer and more effective. Learn more.
- Coronary angioplasty: This procedure helps patients avoid coronary artery bypass surgery and further heart attacks. This is commonly referred to as “balloon angioplasty.” The doctor inserts a balloon through a catheter and guides it to a clogged area of the coronary artery. There the balloon can be inflated to widen the passage and increase blood flow to the heart. Learn more.
- Coronary stents: The doctor inserts a mesh stent into a coronary artery to provide structural support for the artery. In most cases, this stent is coated with a drug that keeps plaque from forming again and reduces complications. Learn more.
- Pacemakers/defibrillators: Doctors implant these small devices to promote natural heart activity and regular heart rhythms. According to a recent study, implantable cardiac defibrillators (ICDs) reduced death by 23 percent in people with moderate heart failure and poor heart pumping function, compared to those who did not receive defibrillators. Learn more.
- Coronary rotablator system procedure: This catheter-based device removes tissue (plaque) blocking an artery and improves the blood supply to the heart.
- Venous ablation therapy: Treats venous reflux disease with a minimally invasive radiofrequency ablation that effectively shrinks the diseased vein. Symptoms of this disease can include discoloration, pain in the legs, swelling, and ulcers.
For more information, talk to your doctor about scheduling an appointment with one of our expert heart doctors. Please call 734-458-4366 to schedule an appointment.